Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spunky Swimmers

We are becoming super swimmers here. I think the swimming pools are the antidote to heat and urban claustrophobia. It was great thinking by the Asian Hope Foundation to put a pool and kiddie-pool next to the Logos School, and incorporate swimming lessons into the curriculum. The international schools all have swim teams, and their occasional Saturday swim meets will give us the chance to feel like a big Christian community again. I miss that from our Catholic school at home and the CYO activities back in Virginnia.
Hotel pools are another escape for us. We have been frequenting the Cambodiana Hotel pool deck on weekends, because it’s got a kiddie-pool with a slide, and a panoramic view of the confluence of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers just beyond the hotel lawn. While I was watching Puck splash in the kiddie pool this weekend, Tika was watching her brothers cannon-ball and dive in the deep end. After not-too-long, Ernest called me over to look—she had learned how to do a flip into the pool! She is a fearless elastic band. I’m so proud of my pig-tailed-princess.