Friday, January 28, 2011

Helping Hands in Phnom Penh

There are a few people who reach out of the blue and offer a helping hand, even though they don’t have to, and I cannot say thank you enough for all their kindness. A young lady at the Phnom Penh office is pulling so many strings behind the scenes for us. I didn’t realize it until just now, but she is chasing down apartments, talking up babysitters, and booking our airport pick-up. Even now that TJ has departed on his travel, this is not a one-woman show. I am so grateful and comforted by the help I’m already getting in Phnom Penh. I can’t wait to meet all these people!
The Yahoo Group for expat parents in Cambodia is also turning out to be a great resource. It's how I connect to other parents about babysitters, kids' activities, parks and playgrounds in the city.